- Tell the truth. Others to you and you to others. Everyone. The whole truth. Not just the parts that make you look good. Or make the kind of impression that you want to make. Tell the truth. This way, people will be able to really trust you and count on you and know that you are good for your word. We will feel like we can count on you. If you don’t do anything else, tell the truth.
- Spend time with people who bring out the best in you. If you can’t trust each other it will never be a good relationship. Be with people who treat you well, who you feel good about, who you can trust, who lift you up, who make you a better person than you already are.
- Work hard. When you take something on, do it to the very best of your ability. Put in 100%. If you start something, finish it. Go all the way. Do it so YOU are proud of the finished product. Understand the satisfaction of a job well done. Make every job a job well done.
- Be courageous enough to look at yourself, admit where you are/were wrong, and repair any damage you have done. Hold yourself to a high standard of conduct and be above reproach.
- Be kind. Go out of your way to be thoughtful. Practice being unselfish. Practice forgiveness. Practice treating others well even if they don’t treat you well. Think of others, of the common good, before you just think of what you might get out of a situation.
- Stay connected to God (all that is good and loving in the world).
- Remember and be grateful for all that you have. Every day.
- Remember and be grateful for all that is wonderful about who you are. You matter. And everything you do counts.
PS. If you don’t remember anything else that I’ve said here, remember this:
Be kind, and tell the truth.@1 year ago with 9 notes
#my momma is the wisest woman i know #life lessons #things to remember #words to live by #how i was raised #this